Operation Supervixen is my own personal transformation programme. In June 2015, I decided I was utterly fed up of being miserable, unwell and feeling like I wasn't reaching my full potential in life. To combat this, I decided I was going to radically transform my diet, maintain an exercise routine and centre my leisure activities around personal development. To keep me accountable and help others in the process, I started Operation Supervixen.
Hello everyone. It's that time of the month again where I update you all on my progress with my monthly health and wellness goals and set some new ones for the month ahead. Unfortunately, it's going to be a quick one today as I didn't achieve a single goal I set for November. Yep, not a single one. I took a packed lunch to work once, I had four takeaways, I did one day of a cleanse, I didn't go to roller derby at all, I didn't workout at weekends at all, and I blogged three times in my week off and them stopped for over a week again.
I'm not even going to bother setting any goals for December.
I'm not ready to go into specifics just yet but at the beginning of November, my life was turned upside down yet again. I've got a lot of tough decisions to make and a lot of readjusting to do. It might be quite some time before my life settles down again. In this environment, it is really damn hard to make resolutions and stick to them. Really damn hard.
For now, I need to focus on healing and figure out how to listen to my intuition again so I can resolve the situation I have found myself in. I am aiming to make December a month of true self care.
In case you too are going through a difficult time at the moment, here are the 10 steps I am taking this month to try and nurse myself back to better mental health:
1. I will try my best to get more sleep
2. I will try my best to listen to my inner voice and focus on the things I truly want
3. I will try my best to listen to my body and give it the nutrition it needs
4. I will try my best to give myself a little treat for getting through each day
5. I will try my best to stop chastising myself for not meeting the ridiculously high expectations I place on my self
6. I will try my best to avoid activities that make me feel worse rather than better
7. I will try my best to be loving and caring to those around me even though I often don't feel loving and caring
8. I will try my best to look after myself
9. I will try my best to think about my future and set some longer term goals when I start to feel better again
10. I will try my best to express my emotions in a healthy way rather than bottling them all up or raging on social media
I'm sure if I follow the above advice, I will be feeling much better in no time. I wish you all a lovely December!